Staurogyne repens is a beautiful new member of the acanthus family from Brazil. Its appearance is a bit similar to a miniature Hygrophila but it’s an exceptional plant for the foreground. Its growth is extremely slow and in ideal conditions will creep across the soil. Strong light and a good supply of nutrients are required to grow this plant. Staurogyne will grow lots of new horizontal shoots after frequent trimming, and will eventually provide a very nice, thick clump of foliage. These beauties go will with Hemianthus callitrichoides in aquascapes.
In Vitro specimens are submersed in 100 percent humidity. Many aquarium plants for sale are emersed, which means the leaves are growing above the water. After they are placed inside your tank, they die back and regrow leaves that look and feel different than the way they were purchased. InVitro culture cups eliminate this issue and allow your plant continuous, uniform growth.
In Vitro Plant-it cups also have many tiny plantlets that can be divided and spread throughout your aquascape, so you get a lot of value for the price.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
· Slow-growing, creeping stem plant
· Immensely popular in aquascaping
· Gorgeous little plant that needs a lot of maintenance and care
· Wonderful for Nano Cubes
· Cultivated and packaged in sterile conditions, which means no pest infestations or diseases arise
· No algae or snails
· Plant is shipped in a container with leaves submerged – no acclimation necessary
· Includes “How To Plant” guide inside the label
· CO2 20-30mg/L
· Ideal growing temp range 22 to 28°C (65 to 78°F)