This colorful new variety came onto the market only a few years ago, and is a beautiful foreground focal point. Its growth is very similar to other types of Alternanthera when grown above water. However, when grown underwater, it keeps a compact, miniature size. For a strong color contrast in your aquascape, combine with a light green carpet of Hemianthus. Very bright light levels are essential.
Another advantage to the culture cups is that they contain many tiny plantlets that can be divided out and spread throughout your aquarium, so you get great value for the price.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
Red varieties have a tendency to die back when planted in a tank, but will recover in a week or two with good lighting and CO2 dosing.
· Small, compact Alternanthera for the foreground in nano cubes
· Grows very compact with strong lighting
· Vibrant highlight for your aquascape
· CO2 20-30 mg/l
· Ideal temp range of 22 to 28°C (72 to 82°F)
· Each plant is sent in a watertight plastic container and is guaranteed free of disease, parasites, algae, and snails
· Leaves are submersed in the culture cup, which means acclimation is not required
· “How to Plant” directions printed inside the label
· Store sealed in temperatures ranging from 72-78° and daylight until ready to plant