This unusual and attractive cultivar is called 'Flamingo'. Its most noticeable feature is the pale to dark pink coloration of the leaves. This variety was grown by chance in one of the Dennerle greenhouses. 'Flamingo' is cultivated only through meristem propagation in the lab, and is sold in a plastic culture cup. It grows extremely slowly in freshwater aquariums and requires strong illumination to ensure successful development. This unique plant makes a wonderful focal point for an aquascape, and looks great when combined with mosses or Hemianthus.
Another advantage to the culture cups is that they include many small plantlets that can be divided out and spread throughout your aquascape, so you get great value for the price.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
Red varieties tend to die back when planted in an aquarium, but will recover in a week or two with good lighting and CO2 dosing.
· Beautiful pink color
· Prefers bright light
· Slow growth
· Perfect when planted with mosses and creeping plants
· Excellent for Nano Cubes
· Best for aquascapes – great foreground plant
· Easy-care, undemanding
· Grown and packed in sterile conditions, which means no pest infestations or pathogens arise
· No algae – No snails
· Keep sealed with temp ranging from 77°F to 80°F and daylight until ready to use
· The plantlets already have submerged leaves, so they do not need to be acclimated
· A "How to plant" care guide can be found on the inside of the label